My friend complained the Touch ID function does not work properly at it is expected on her new iPhone 6S. She had to touch too many times to go through of the lock screen. Thank god because after minutes, we fixed the problems. Here are the ways we did.
Firstly, you should understand that Touch ID will not work properly if you miss any the following conditions:
- No Damp Screens or Fingers
- Damaged Finger
- One Finger – One Fingerprint
- Keep the Phone Clean
We would recommend cleaning up the iPhone, then ask at least 2 friends to install their FingerPrints. And then you can see the results to make sure the trouble is not related to your Finger before taking the following solution.
How to fix Touch ID Not Working problem on iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus
- Go to Settings → Scroll down and touch on Touch ID and Passcode. You then must Enter your passcode to Turn OFF iPhone Unlock and iTunes & App Store.
- Reset your iPhone, then Turn ON “iPhone Unlock and iTunes & App Store” again. Setup for a new FingerSprint if all trouble is gone.
1. Get DFU status
You need to get your iOS device to DFU status by holding the 2 buttons (Power and Home) in 10 seconds roughly. And then free the Power button and keep holding Home button until iTunes get connected to your iPhone.2. Press and hold Option + Alt on Mac keyboard or Shift in Windows and choose Restore iPhone
3. Select setup as a new phone.
Hopefully, my solutions would help. Otherwise, it is time to bring your iPhone to the nearest Apple store for further assistances. Best luck!