In this article, we will list the top 3 best free Tuxera alternatives too see if you can find free effective solution to read/write to NTFS drive on Mac.
1Paragon NTFS 15
Paragon NTFS must be the best paid Alternative to Tuxera NTFS 2016. It is designed by Paragon software, a very famous company in creating powerful softwares in Hard Drive Integration field.
Installing Paragon NTFS 15 will enable read/write access to NTFS partitions under OS X with unprecedented high NTFS performance.
Paragon NTFS 15 Key Features:
- Supports MacOS Sierra already
- Easy to to install
- The read/write speed to NTFS partition is optimized and similar to native HFS+
- No limitation accessing to big number of files and large volume of Data
- Supports completely all Hard drive Brands and NTFS versions
- Support El Capitan and other software such as Parallels Desktop and VMware Fusion
- Able to create, verify and repair NTFS partitions
- Optimize the operations on SSDs
It costs $19.95 per license, but it’s reasonable for it’s smart & useful functions.
NTFS-3G is an open-source and contributed by numbers of Linux distributions such as Fedora, Mandriva, openSUSE and Ubuntu. It is not officially released and supported by any companies. Then installation is complicated, but it may works fine in Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite or older OS X versions. Click here to see our instruction of how to install NTFS-3G under Mac OS X.
NTFS-3G should be the best Free Tuxera Alternative.
3Mounty for NTFS
Mounty for NTFS works pretty well on Mac OS X 10.9. I have not experienced too see if it works fine in El Capitan. Interestingly, Mounty for NTFS stands in the menu bar, notify you when and mount the NTFS drives are plugged into your Mac. Mounty for NTFS 1.2 is downloadable here.