Tips To copy and move Contacts From iOS on iPhone to Android phone
By any reasons, you want to copy and move all your available contacts from your iOS on your iPhone 6 to your new Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S6 for example). How to do? look at 2 easy ways today.
One of my friend had decided to change to HTC One M9 from her iPhone 6 Plus. Only one thing she concerned is how to transfer and copy all her contacts from the iPhone 6 Plus to the HTC one M9. However, instead of calling me, she got that job done manually by using “Share Contact option” in iOS 8.
You do not have to do that. I will show you 2 different methods easy and quick to do.
1, Copy contacts from iOS on iPhone to Android phone via iCloud
By using Apple’s iCloud system, you can move your entire contacts from iOS to Android quickly.
- If you back up data on your iPhone to iCloud, hits iCloud.com and login to your account on via web-browser from Computer.
- Select the contacts that you want to export: You can select single contact one or Press Control + A to select all contacts. And then click on the Settings button on the bottom left, then select “Export vCard…“. And VCF file that contains all selected contacts is being downloaded to your computer.
- From now you have 2 methods to sync the exported contacts into Android:
- You now can connect your Android phone to the computer via USB cable, and then copy the VCF file to the local storage and import the contacts from the Contacts or People app.
- Login to your Gmail and go to Gmail > Contacts.
Click the “More” dropdown menu in Contacts, and select Imported contacts to import all iPhone contacts to Google Contacts.
You now can make all exported contacts automatically synced to your Android phone which is connected to the gmail account account: Menu > Settings > Accounts and Sync. Tap on Add Account and choose Google.
Sign in with the Gmail account that you used to sync your contacts to.
Just wait for minutes until the processes is finished.
2. Transfer contacts from iOS on iPhone to Android phone via iTunes
- Export contacts in iOS using iTunes: Connect iPhone to iTune > open the handset’s device summary page > Click Info tab > Check “Sync Contacts With” and then choose “Google Contacts” > fill your google account username and password > Click on Apply button.
- Sync exported contact into Android: once again, you now can make all exported contacts automatically synced to your Android phone which is connected to this gmail account account. Just do the same the instruction in the solution 1 above.
In a reversed way, if you want to transfer and sync contacts from Android to iOS on iPhone, look at How to Copy Contacts from Android to iOS on iPhone 6 quickly.
I hope my tutorial today would help.