Quickly install Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and XP from Mac OS X using BootCamp
In this topic, we will introduce very specifically how to install and run windows 10, windows 8, windows 7, or even windows XP from OS X using bootcamp on Macbook, Macbook pro, Macbook air and iMac.
It is much more simple if you just install and run a Windows on your Mac using virtualization softwares such as: Virtual Box, VMWare Fusion 7, and Mac Parallels Desktop 10. Look at our another post – Install Windows 10 on Macbook using Virtual box.
In the range of this writing, we give an instruction to install Windows 10 in an independent Partition in Mac OS X using Bootcamp (you will be able to select Mac OS X or Windows to boot).
5 Step to install windows on Mac via Bootcamp
Step 1: Download BootCamp (Window driver for Mac)
Go and choose the suitable version bootcamp for your particular Macbooks (Macbook pro, Macbook air, iMac) and version of windows (window xp, window 7, window 8, window 9, window 10, window 11,…
Step 2: Download and be ready for having windows setup
You can go on google and search for downloading particular Windows (32 or 64 bit) needed. However, we collect and provide some available links:
It is able to download original Windows 10 (32-64 bit).ISO from Microsoft Download Page.
Windows 8 pro 32 bit ISO – 2.48 Gb download
Windows 8 pro 32 bit ISO – 3.34 Gb download
Windows 8.1 pro 32 bit – 2.46 Gb download
Windows 8.1 pro 64 bit – 3.34 Gb download
Windows XP Service Pack 3 – ISO-9660 CD Image File download
Step 3: Create Windows installer with DVD or USB
For USB Window installation creation, look at – http://macbold.com/forum/how-to-make-usb-windows-installation-for-mac/
Step 4: Create Partition to install windows via BootCamp
1. You should use the newest Bootcamp, and then access Applications -> Utilities then double-click on Boot Camp Assistant. Click Continue to go further.
2. Set the partition size for the Windows installation partition by just drag it to the left or right. You should set 80-100 Gb at least. Then click on Partition
3. You then Insert Window DVD or USB installing created in Step 3. Restart computer. When you see the white screen coms up, hold the Option (Alt) keyboard for 3-5 seconds. You then will be able to choose the startup partitions. Choose USB or DVDS to start installing windows for your Mac.
4. You now should format the Bootcamp partition to be ready to install Window into.
5. It then takes 30 to 40 minutes to be finished. Window will automatically restart to get the installing done!
Step 5: Install bootcamp driver downloaded in step 3 for new windows installed
It is able now to hold Option keyboard (Alt) to choose whatever Mac OS X or Windows to start up your Mac.