Make Bootable Installation USB from Mac OS X.DMG on Windows PC
In the following instruction, we show specifically how to make a Mac OS X bootable installation USB from El Capitan.DMG, Yosemite.DMG, Maverick.DMG or any OS X older versions on Windows PC.
This is cool for Windows users who want to install Mac OS X on their PC, but useful for Mac users when their Mac is not working and needs to be re-installed new and fresh Mac Operating System.
Basically, you need two things: A MacOS X.DMG (or.ISO) and TransMac software.
- At for Bootable MacOS images, you can download any versions from our existing shares here: https://applehint.com/t/download-all-macos-x-10-4-10-14-original/376
- TransMac v11 full version:
Filename: Acute Systems TransMac v11.zip (download) Filesize: 3.90 MB
Please leave a comment if the download link does not work. Otherwise, you can download the trial version of TransMac here.
How to create Mac OS X bootable USB on Windows?
- You need to prepare an USB (8Gb or bigger).
- Run TransMac by Run as administrator
- Right-mouse the USB drive, choose Restore with Disk Image
- From the warning dialog box, just click on Yes
- Browse for the DMG file, then Click on OK button
- The whole process then takes a few minutes to finish