How to make a Bootable Mojave installation USB in Mac and Windows?
In this topic, MacBold will share very doable instruction of how to make a Bootable USB of the new MacOS Mojave installation in Both Mac and Windows.
It’s easy to upgrade to the new MacOS Mojave if you are running a Mac at normal. However, if you need a new-clear installation on a new drive or by a reason such as the current MacOS is broken, a bootable Mojave installation USB would solve the problems quickly.
To do this, you need:
- A blank USB flash drive (16GB or larger is recommended)
- Another Mac or an Windows computer ready.
- MacOS Mojave installation image (.ISO to do under Windows, and DMG under MacOS X). All can be downloaded from our another share: Download MacOS Mojave .APP, DMG, ISO, Bootable USB image [Official Version].
How to make a Bootable Mojave installation USB on Mac?
If the above way is quite complicated or the MacOS Mojave is not accessible to download from Apple website, you can just download my own Mojave installation USB image, then use Disk Utility to restore into your USB Flash Drive.
- Download Mojave installation USB image from our another topic here.
- From your MacOS, launch Disk Utility –> Select the USB volume –> Edit –> Restore
- Click on “image”, select and choose the “Mojave installation USB image file” downloaded.
- Click on Restore
- And it takes couple of minutes to accomplish the process.