Forgot passcode? Restore to unlock iPhone [solution]
The use of a password (passcode) on the iPhone make your device more secure. However, sometimes this is giving you trouble unnecessarily, as when you accidentally forget your passcode. Meanwhile, the simplest way to unlock iPhone is restored to the device using iTunes.
How to Restore iPhone without passcode
Restore iPhone without iCloud account
When you do not have iCloud account associated with the iPhone, you still can reset the passcode to unlock the device through restoring iPhone under DFU mode.
- Step 1: Connect iPhone to iTunes running on PC.
- Step 2: Press and hold the power button until the slider appears. You slide to the right to turn off the machine, and then wait 5 seconds for the machine off completely before continue.
- Step 3: Press and hold Power button and Home button for 10 seconds. And then you free the Power button, but keep holding the Home button for more 10 seconds.
- Step 4: iTunes will recognizes the device being restored.
Click on Restore iPhone to ask iTunes automatically download newest firmware from Apple server.
If there are any problems and errors occur during restoring process, look at our another topic to solve: Fix common errors when you restore iPhone, iPad.
This will wipe all files, settings, and apps from the iPhone, including the passcode. When the restore is finished, the iPhone will be at the factory settings.
Restore iPhone if still having the iCloud account
Make sure that you remember exact iCloud id and login password. And please be noticed of that You can only connect the passcode locked iPhone to a computer with iTunes installed you’ve synchronized to perform the restore again.
- Step 1: Connect iPhone to PC and launch iTunes.
- Step 2: If your device has been disabled, or if iTunes does not automatically synchronize, you click Back up now button to be able to continue installation.
- Step 3: After waiting a few minutes for the device to recover and synchronization is complete, you restore your iPhone via clicking on Restore iPhone as I mentioned above or the Restore Backup.
How to disable Find My iPhone without passcode?
To disable the Find My iPhone, you first go to iCloud.com and log in with your Apple ID.
After logging in, click on the Find my iPhone. Then select All Devices.
Under All Devices, choose iPhone and click on Remove From Account.
- Step 5: After turning off the Find my iPhone feature from the computer, you choose Select Restore Backup. The next window will display the most recent backup of the iPhone. Select one to restore.
The recovery process depends on the storage space you use on the iPhone, so it can take from 20 minutes to more than an hour to restore the data. So, please wait until this process to be completed.
After restoring an iPhone, you can use your device as normal and setup a new passcode.