Can not update Safari 8.0.7 due to App Store update broken
Apple frequently releases newer version of Safari. Mac users can manually update and get the latest version of Safari easy through software update function in Mac OS X. However, many people can not update Safari 8.0.7 because App Store update does not work smoothly. How to fix this problem?
How to update Safari manually?
It is easy to check if you are missing any newer versions of Safari:
- Click on Apple logo at the top-left conner > About this Mac > Software updates…
- Check at App Store notifications from the Dock bar.
What to do if you can not update Safari?
What actually happens during updating process?
It happens actually on many users. From the available updates list, Safari is the only one that you get failed to update.
Safari update never goes through whenever you attempt to click on “Update All” button even the others such as iPhoto worked fine.
How to fix if Safari can not be updated using Console app in OS X
- Run Console (Go ▹ Utilities from the menu bar) > Click on “Var/log” at the left side > Scroll down and choose “Install.log“.
- Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:
- Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select:
Services ▹ Reveal in Finder (or just Reveal)
– From the contextual menu.* A folder should open with an item selected. Move the selected item to the Trash. You may be prompted for your administrator login password. Restart the computer and empty the Trash.
*If you don’t see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select
Go ▹ Go to Folder…
– From the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won’t see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.
Hopefully my tutorial would help.