In the following instruction, we show specifically how to make a Mac OS X bootable installation USB from El Capitan.DMG, Yosemite.DMG, Maverick.DMG or any OS X older versions on Windows PC.
This is cool for Windows users who want to install Mac OS X on their PC, but useful for Mac users when their Mac is not working and needs to be re-installed new and fresh Mac Operating System.
Basically, you need two things: A Mac OS X.DMG (could bel Capitan.DMG, Yosemite.DMG,…) and TransMac software.
- At for Mac OS X.DMG, you can download any versions from our existing shares here: http://macbold.com/mac-os-x/mac-os-x-all-versions-download/
- TransMac v11 full version could be downloaded by the following download link.
Please leave a comment if the download link does not work. Otherwise, you can download the trial version of TransMac here.
How to create Mac OS X bootable USB on Windows?
- You need to prepare an USB (8Gb or bigger).
- Run TransMac by Run as administrator
- Right-mouse the USB drive, choose Restore with Disk Image
- From the warning dialog box, just click on Yes
- Browse for the DMG file, then Click on OK button
- The whole process then takes a few minutes to finish